Hi there! I am John and welcome to John Scofield Photography!
I am a passionate, friendly and experienced award-winning wedding, event, portrait and commercial photographer based in Eastbourne, East Sussex. Operating throughout Sussex, Kent and Surrey, I am committed to creating natural, contemporary, stylish images that you will be proud to display.
I love the challenge of shooting at new wedding venues and have shot weddings at the following in the past 12 months:
- The Grand Hotel, Eastbourne PREFERRED SUPPLIER
- Herstmonceux Castle, Herstmonceux PREFERRED SUPPLIER
- Bannatynes Hotel, Hastings PREFERRED SUPPLIER
- The View Hotel, Eastbourne PREFERRED SUPPLIER
- The Ravenswood, East Grinstead PREFERRED SUPPLIER
- The Cavendish, Eastbourne PREFERRED SUPPLIER
- Hotel Du Vin, Tunbridge Wells
- East Sussex National Hotel, Uckfield PREFERRED SUPPLIER
- Leeford Place, Battle PREFERRED SUPPLIER
- Powdermills Hotel, Battle
- Crescent Turner Hotel, Whitstable
- All Saints Chapel, Eastbourne PREFERRED SUPPLIER
- Crowhurst Park, Battle
- Michelham Priory, Upper Dicker
- Folkington Manor, Folkington PREFERRED SUPPLIER
- Lewes Castle, Lewes PREFERRED SUPPLIER
- Stanmer House, Brighton
- Hastings Museum, Hastings PREFERRED SUPPLIER
- De La Warr Pavillion, Bexhill
- Malmaison, Brighton
- Gildredge Manor, Eastbourne PREFERRED SUPPLIER
- The Wise Wedding Venue, Tunbridge Wells PREFERRED SUPPLIER
- Buxted Park, Uckfield
In addition to my more regular venues I have weddings booked at the following for the upcoming season too:
- Wickwoods Country Club, Albourne
- The Hydro Hotel, Eastbourne
- Alexander House Turners Hill, East Grinstead
- Sussex Barns, Hellingly
- The Yew Tree, Chalvington
- Little Silver Country Hotel, Tenderden
- Battle Abbey, Battle
- Glynde Place, Glynde, Lewes
- Broyle Place, Ringmer
- Cooden Beach Hotel, Cooden
- Brighton i360, Brighton
- South Lodge, Horsham
- Wadhurst Castle, Wadhurst
- Old Thorns Hotel, Liphook
- Swallows Oast, Ticehurst
- Blackstock Country Estate, Hellingly
Plain and simple I just love photography. I shoot around 40+ weddings every year but still find time to love cameras and lenses and all the other bits and bobs too. I love meeting people and freeze-framing their lives. I love the challenges of adverse weather, tricky light and children that won’t smile on cue! Its what I do and I wouldn’t change a thing!
I am a storyteller. Creatively capturing the happiness and emotion of special occasions is my talent. I visually record things that you are probably to busy to notice, and if you want the ‘wow’ picture we can create that too!
There are many photographers around but I am different. I do my research, I arrive early, I leave late, I care and I can help guide you through any situation to ensure that the photography is everything you dreamt of. I do it all with a smile and will not stop until I believe I have done you justice.
I am professional, organised and outgoing and just love the excitement and emotion that weddings and special events provide.
Thriving on new technology, I invest heavily in equipment that will allow me to make the most of your special occasion, creating timeless, artistic, natural images for you to be proud to display and enjoy for many many years.
I am proud of my reputation and what my clients say about me – please read through some recent testimonials if you have time…
If you have any questions, check availability or would like to discuss anything relating to my services please make contact.